“Nothing better than to come home to a beautifully written letter from Paris." -- Joanna F.Each month I create a letter about Paris. I paint it, copy it and personalize it. Then I mail it off in the post with a pretty stamp. People seem to love getting something other than bills and such. It's good old fashioned mail with a French flair. Since January 2012, I've sent out hundreds of letters. I'm hoping to send thousands.
Help me out by subscribing today at my Etsy store.
“I'm just gobsmacked (in a good way)! This idea is fresh and amazing and fun and gorgeous.” -- Sandi W.
|In March, I sent old postcards I found at a flea market along with a letter about Angelina's hot chocolate, which is toted as the best hot chocolate in Paris. It's divine.|
|In May, I wrote about a statue I sit near in Jardin du Luxembourg.I spend a lot of time sitting in parks around Paris. They are great for daydreaming and resting my weary feet. In a few lucky mailings, I added fancy fridge magnets.|
In this June mailing, I wrote about being haunted by the ghost of Hemingway, especially at his favorite bookstore, Shakespeare & Co. I added a few pages to each mailing of his memoir about Paris, A Moveable Feast. He once wrote, "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." This is a photo taken by a reader of my letters who is as obsessed with paper as myself.
- YOURSELF: Indulge in the joy of receiving something beautiful in the mail every month.
- BIRTHDAYS: Surprise someone with a thoughtful gift that lasts all year!
- SENIORS: Light up their day with a letter from Paris. They like showing them off to friends.
- TEENAGERS: Teaches them about dreaming big, history and the joy of real mail.
- NURTURE PROJECTS: It's a great pick-me-up for someone going through a rough patch.
- FRIENDS: Especially for those who like surprises, pretty things and Pinterest. And those who are tough to buy for. This is a unique gift that they'll remember.
- BUSINESS: It's a great gift that reminds them about your services all year long.
- THANK YOU: Show them your thanks with a unique gift.
- FRANCOPHILES: Dream of going to Paris? Know someone who does?
- ANYONE: Don't have time/skill/energy/inspiration/etc to write the letter? I do it for you.
- Hand-addressed envelope
- Beautiful French postage stamp
- Hand-painted letter (high-quality photocopying of my original art piece)
- Hand-written personalization (no fonts used)
- Postcard, sticker, coaster or other lovely surprise (optional... only if I find something amazing)
- Love & Light (but you can't see it since it's invisible)
- My eternal gratitude (also invisible)
“I just received my first letter of the month and it is divine! This is an investment in joy, I tell you! Janice's painting is beautiful and her words are poetic. And the extra goodie she tucked in my envelope was so cute. What a great purchase from a great Etsy store.” -- Melissa M.